Paisley & Jade is a Richmond-based company specializing in specialty and vintage rentals for events, weddings, trade shows and photo shoots. We assist clients with realizing their vision by helping them utilize our gorgeous, one-of-a-kind inventory.
Our ever-expanding inventory has been carefully curated with finds throughout the United States and we pride ourselves on our creative and positive atmosphere!
The Shop Lead position is responsible for the general health and wellness of the P&J collection, and is the key person in maintaining our inventory, the shop and our tools. This full-time position reports directly to the Warehouse Manager.
A Day in the Life of our Shop Lead:
Life at Paisley & Jade is fast-paced and constantly evolving, so this position is subject to change and growth, but will definitely involve handling tasks integral to the warehouse workflow, including:
- Maintaining the tools, equipment and space of the workshop
- Repairing damaged inventory on a quick timeline
- Refreshing & refurbishing pieces on an as-needed basis
- Designing and creating new pieces on an as-needed basis
- Working with warehouse team to review orders as they come back to the warehouse to ensure quality
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Have a working knowledge of a wide variety of tools (both hand tools & power tools)
- Be familiar with shop safety
- Have experience with woodworking, construction, or similar “handy” undertakings
- Be available to work a set schedule, that can possibly include weekends or evenings. Should also be available for occasional after-hours emergency repairs
- Have excellent communication skills, possess an unwavering attention to detail and have the ability to perform tasks independently
- Be able to work on their feet for an extended period of time, climb a ladder and lift and move furniture up to 75lbs
- Be able to represent Paisley & Jade in a professional capacity
- Have basic computer knowledge
- Be able to pass a drug, criminal background and credit check
Bonus points if you have experience in the event or rental industry or have previously worked with furniture or antiques.
Our ideal employee is creative, fun, organized and adaptable at a moment’s notice, with the ability think on their feet and work independently. A high level of enthusiasm and taking pride in a job well done is also important.
If you’re detail-oriented and thrive in a creative environment, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 19th.
Photo by Stephanie Yonce Photography